Plainfield, WI 54966 is located mostly in Plainfield Township and a little bit in Oasis Township of Waushara County on State Highway 73 right by I-39 /51 between Hancock and Bancroft. It’s considered as a village because it mostly consists of full time residents who work in the area. This area is mostly large farm fields with just a little bit of public land named Big Roche-A-Cri Creek Fishery Area with Big Roche-A-Cri Creek class trout stream flowing through it. You can hunt, fish for trout, hike and enjoy some wildlife viewing on this public land. Plainfield has some light shopping with a store, café, bowling alley, bars / grills, a phone company and other small businesses. Plainfield Township borders Portage County to the north and Adams County to the west.
Oasis Township located on the east side of the village including a tiny bit of the Village itself. There’s a little bit of public land in this township known as Plainfield Tunnel Channel Lake State Natural Area by Plainfield Lake, Sherman Lake, Long Lake, Fiddle Lake and Weymouth Lake. There are several lakes in Oasis Township, but most of them are private lakes on large parcels of land privately owned with no public access. State Highway 73 runs through the township as the main artery with County Road BB, J, P, O and A as other larger roadways.
This area is mainly large farm fields with a little some trees, snowmobiling, small fishing lakes, a small amount of trout waters plus a little bit of public land for hunting. Most of the area is privately owned by farmers. Plainfield WI 54966 – Post Office is based in Waushara County but also services a tiny strip in Adams County all in Leola Township.
Plainfield, WI 54966
- Waushara County, Plainfield Township
- General Size of Village – Around 850 people
- Area Lakes – Sand Lake, Big Roche-A-Cri Creek (class Trout Stream), Plainfield Lake, Sherman Lake, Fiddle Lake, Lake Huron and more…
- Area Features: Schools, Post Office, Interstate Access, Corporate Farm fields, Banks, Shopping, Churches, Bars, Restaurants, Gas Stations, located close to a couple small fishing lakes and more…
- Area Terrain – Mostly large farm fields.
- Area Code - 715
- Zip Code - 54966
- County Road – BB & State Highway 73
- Interstate – I39 / 51
- School District – Tri-County
- Classified as a Village.
- History – Founded in 1848 by William Kelly - http://www.plainfieldwis.com/index.html
Nearby Villages, Towns and Cities
Nearby Wisconsin Public Land
- Big Roche-A-Cri State Fishery
- Plainfield Tunnel Channel Lakes SNA (SNA mean State Natural Area)
- Long Lake Boat Launch
- Lake Huron Boat Launch
- Leola Marsh Wildlife Area
- Central Wisconsin Grasslands Conservation Area
- Ice Age Trails
- Greenwood Wildlife Area