T18N -R6E-S6 - Area Information > Lake, Rivers & Creeks | Online Discussion Forum
Big Roche-A-Cri Lake WI
Big Roche-A-Cri Lake is one of Adams County more popular lakes due to its size and location in Preston Township and being right on Hwy 13. This 205 acre lake was formed by the dam on the West side and is filled by Big Roche-A-Cri Creek which also forms Arkdale Lake and then ends up in Castle Rock Lake. Most of the frontage on Big Roche-A-Cri Lake is not only divided but is also built on. You’ll find a mixture of vacation getaways and full time residential homes on the lake. The homes and cabins on the west side of hwy 13, which is the deeper side, seems to be much larger and nicer compared to the east side of the highway which is shallower and has steeper banks.
Big Roche-A-Cri Lake Wisconsin
Photos & Pictures
Big Roche A Cri Lake sign that reads:
- No wake 6 PM until 10 AM
- Please boat in a counterclockwise direction.
- Invasive aquatic species found in this Lake.
- Inspect and remove the quiet plants and animals from boats, trailers and equipment.
- Drain water.
- Rinse with hot and/or high pressure water or…
- Dry for five days.
- Clean and dry your boats and equipment before transporting two new water.
- Clean boats = clean waters
Sign that reads:
- size and bag limit regulations pursuant to Wisconsin administrative code, section and are 20.03(1), are in effect on these waters.
- Largemouth bass minimum sizes 14 inches bag limit 5
Sign that reads:
- Help… Prevent the spread of aquatic exotic plant and animals.
- Before launching… Before leaving:
- remove aquatic plants and animals.
- Drain water away from the boat landing.
- Dispose of unwanted live bait onshore.
- You can help – don't:
- transport any aquatic plants or exotic species (such as zebra mussels, ruffe, milfoil) on public roads.
- Place a boat or trailer with attached aquatic plants or exotic species into Wisconsin waters.
- Transport water from infested waters
- Wisconsin Department of natural resources
Types of Fish:
Largemouth Bass, Walleye, Northern Pike, Smallmouth Bass and Panfish!
Wake Rules ........
No Wake from 6 pm to 10 am
Lakefront Homes & Deed Access Houses - More Homes
Waterfront Properties & Deed Access Lots - More Land
Preston Township WI
Preston Township is located in Adams County, Central Wisconsin just north of Adams/Friendship. Preston has the only State Park in the County; Roche-A-Cri State Park. The park features Roche-A-Cri Mound which has 303 steps all the way to the top with a lookout platform facing the north with views also to both east and west where you can see the hills of Coloma and all the way to the Wisconsin River Valley. Carter Creek flows through the state park and eventually feeds into Castle Rock Lake, WI. You can see dozens of Turkey Vultures circling the mound on any given day. Directly to the South is Friendship Mound which over looks both Friendship Lake and Friendship Park.
Preston is also home to Big Roche-A-Cri Lake which is about 200 acres of ski able water formed by Big Roche-A-Cri Creek trout stream. There's also Carter Creek, Deed Horse Creek, Fordham Creek and Bingham Creek which forms Bingham Pond. Besides Roche-A-Cri State Park there's also Remnant Fordham Creek and Remnant Little Roche-A-Cri Creek which is also open to the public for Trout Fishing and Hunting.
Real Estate | Homes | Land | Condos | Multi-Family | Commercial Property
Lakes, Rivers, Creeks and Trout Streams
- Big Roche-A-Cri Lake
- Big Roche-A-Cri Creek - Trout Stream
- Friendship Lake
- Little Roche-A-Cri Creek - Trout Stream
- Fordham Creek - Trout Stream
- Carter Creek - Trout Stream
- Bingham Creek
- Bingham Pond
- Dead Horse Creek
Public Land & Features for the Area
- Roche-A-Cri State Park
- Remnant Little Roche-A-Cri Creek
- Remnant Fordham Creek
- Cottonville Rock
- Friendship Mound
- Preston Rock
- Rocha-Cri Mound